Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall Photography schedule - {Albuquerque family photographer}

Fall Photography

Fall is the busiest time of the year for me. I've found that, to do the most and best sessions I can, it works best to schedule mini-sessions on Saturdays. That way my time isn't spent driving from place to place, the lighting is predictable, I can spend some time with my family as well, and I can effectively catch the fall color. If you would like to schedule one of these mini-sessions, please contact me. I will also schedule regular sessions at other locations, but they will be limited for the next couple of months. December 1st will be my last day for photo sessions before Christmas.

The leaves usually start changing color the very end of October. The first weeks in November are usually the best time for fall color photography. Sometimes the third week is also. Please understand that I can't guarantee the fall color will be the same this year. I may change these locations if the leaves change color at a much different time, but this is what has worked for the last 3 years.

Albuquerque family photography

October 16th - Park sessions - we should still have shade and green grass but I wouldn't expect the leaves to be changing yet. Park sessions are tons of fun with kids - we do some posed family shots first, then have fun playing!

Albuquerque family photography

October 30th - Bosque sessions - the leaves should be starting to turn yellow by the river. I only have afternoon slots.

November 6th - Bosque or park sessions - I would consider doing one location in the morning and another in the afternoon. This will probably be the best weekend for fall color.

Albuquerque family photography

November 13th - Botanic Gardens sessions (last year many of the leaves were brown by this weekend). If the weather is cold, we can use the greenhouses, which are always beautiful.

Albuquerque family photography

November 27th - Old Town sessions. It may be cold - so be prepared! If it's too awfully cold, I will switch and do studio portraits inside instead.

Mini-sessions are 30 minutes long. You will receive about 40 proofs to choose from. A $50 session fee, paid within a week of making your appointment, will reserve your timeslot. This session fee will include a $25 credit that can be applied to your purchase as long as you do so within 2 weeks of viewing your proofs. If you are interested in one of these mini-sessions, or would like more information, please contact me. You may want to get on my schedule ASAP - because I definitely anticipate booking these solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment