Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Birthday cake smash sessions - inside and outside, messy and not so messy.

What's my favorite age for baby sessions? Okay, there's no way I can choose. :) BUT - I do love a good cake smash session! One year old sessions are especially fun, because you get a really good combination of laughs and giggles, more formal portraits, and piles of messy cake. One year olds are also at a really happy age for portraits - it's easier to hold their attention than it will be in another few months.

Today I have two recent birthday cake smash sessions to share.  One is inside, a studio session, and one is outside at a park.  Both turned out beautifully and it's fun to see the differences in how they work.

This little princess came for birthday portraits, and I was blown away at how gorgeously striking she is.(I remember when she was just born...) :)
Albuquerque baby children photography

She was a little serious for me, but her mom and grandma and I worked really hard to get some smiles.
Albuquerque baby children photography


Albuquerque baby children photography

I so love babies in tutus with beads!  I know I have some like this with my daughter... from quite a few years ago!  (It goes so fast!)

Albuquerque baby children photography

Albuquerque baby children photography

Albuquerque baby children photography
 She liked the taste of the cake, but she did NOT like sticky frosting on her fingers!  (My kids were the same.) 
Albuquerque baby children photography

So she was much happier after her mom wiped her fingers clean. 
Albuquerque baby children photography

It was yummy, but she was ready to be done before long.
Albuquerque baby children photography

And sometimes some playtime in my back yard goes over really well when cake doesn't. 
Albuquerque baby children photography

I met this little guy at a park in the evening light - which was absolutely gorgeous, I left vowing to do more evening sessions!

Albuquerque baby children photography

He was so happy and funny.  He did keep trying to eat sticks, etc., but he was good-natured about putting them back down.
Albuquerque baby children photography

Albuquerque baby children photography

I love the stairs at this park.  He did too.
Albuquerque baby children photography

In fact he really liked crawling up the stairs.  We did some chasing. :)
Albuquerque baby children photography

He did like the cake!  And he certainly didn't mind having sticky fingers.  
Albuquerque baby children photography

Albuquerque baby children photography


Albuquerque baby children photography

I think his mom had some work to do when she got him home.  But we all had a great time, and he was such a happy guy that we were done with everything in well under an hour.  What a fun way to spend an evening!
Albuquerque baby children photography
 If you are interested in a cake smash session for your baby, please give me a call!  I have more examples posted here, or you can look through the cake tag on my blog here.  I'd love to talk about setting something like this up with you too!

I have a bunch more baby photography, along with some info on my baby plan options, on this blog page - check it out!

I offer four different options for baby photography collections. If you are interested for yourself, or if you have a friend or family member you might like to gift a collection to, I have an online magazine with more information that you might like to see. You can send me your email address below and I will email you a link right away.

Submit your email address to receive more information

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment