Thursday, August 21, 2014

What do you get from my birthday mini-sessions?

This morning I realized that I have done a very poor job of following through with my birthday portrait party blog posts! I tend to announce them but I don't usually post the results.

Professional photo of a beautiful little girl playing in a teepee outside Albuquerque

So! I have collected a few examples from this summer's mini-sessions to post and I'll fill you in on a few details. These sessions are very quick and easy. Weather permitting, I love to do them outside! Professional photo of a beautiful little girl playing outside Albuquerque

Sometimes I put up sets or props (like the teepee above) and sometimes I work extra hard on my garden and enjoy using that. Here's an example of a set that I had a lot of fun with.
Professional photo of a beautiful little girl sitting at an antique desk outside Albuquerque

Sometimes it is stormy and then we move inside for studion portraits instead. One of my summer mini-sessions ended up with all the afternoon pictures inside, but I loved them too! A couple of examples:
Professional photo of a beautiful little girl Albuquerque

Can't resist all the cute expressions!
Professional photo of a beautiful little girl Albuquerque

The glam backdrop I got out worked so well with the girls that I saw. (If a boy had come, I would have had to swap it out!)
Professional photo of a beautiful girl Albuquerque

And how about an award-winning gymnast??? I love it.
Professional photo of a beautiful gymnast Albuquerque

I also love it when parents bring a favorite prop. This darling little boy's mom says he sleeps with this ball. And each evening he brushes it's "teeth".
Professional photo of a boy with his soccer ball Albuquerque

I don't necessarily care if it's really your child's birthday, either. When I started doing these mini-sessions, they were more specifically for birthdays, because that's when I tend to remember to do portraits of my own kids. But back to school is another great occasion, or just really any time is fine with me.
Professional photo of a handsome boy outside Albuquerque

We try to have a lot of fun with these sessions. They are usually VERY quick and easy - generally it takes longer for you to get here than it will take to get some great portraits of your child.
Professional photo of a happy boy laughing outside Albuquerque

I do schedule a little longer if you tell me that your child has a hard time getting comfortable for photographers, or for a baby or toddler. Although this little guy didn't need it - we were done in less than 5 minutes, not including some mom chat time afterwords.
Professional photo of a happy baby boy outside Albuquerque

Professional photo of a happy baby boy laughing outside Albuquerque

For these mini-sessions I don't charge a session fee, and I have some special packages that are discounted from my normal rates. You don't pay for anything until you see your pictures later (usually within a week).
Professional photo of a beautiful little girl outside Albuquerque

Many of my clients end up purchasing the digital files, but I also have print packages and a la carte ordering if you'd like something specific. I always include one print with the files because I have this horror of clients purchasing digital images and never getting them printed.
Professional photo of a beautiful little girl outside Albuquerque

My next mini-sessions will be September 5th. I have a lot of the timeslots full already, but I still have some times open throughout that day. If you don't love your kids' school portraits or you would like something custom of higher quality, give me a call! I would love to meet you and your children.
Professional photo of beautiful little girls outside Albuquerque

And I offer a bonus if you bring a friend! I'd love to answer any questions that you may have, or set you up with a timeslot on September 5th. Just call or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment