Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Family fun in the kitchen

This year my family wanted to give a personal Christmas gift to the rest of our family. Cooking is one of our hobbies, and we have some recipes we really like, so we decided to make a family cookbook. We worked on it for most of the year. By the end of November we were typing and editing and realized that we needed a cover image. My husband (uncharacteristically) requested a photo shoot - he had a lot of great ideas to make a really fun kitchen photo. We used a lot of garage equipment - including a smoke maker, chain saw, hatchet, and a sort of Geiger counter. Using inspiration from the muppets (the Swedish Chef), we came up with this:

Creative professional photo of a family cooking together in the kitchen Albuquerque

I think my husband's happy face is the best part. One of the highlights of my photography this fall!

I also took the food photos as we cooked the meals - I've always enjoyed food photography. I thought I'd share a few recipe pages. You can click on these for a larger jpg file.

Creative professional photo of a family cooking together in the kitchen Albuquerque

Creative professional photo of a family cooking together in the kitchen Albuquerque

Creative professional photo of a family cooking together in the kitchen Albuquerque

If for some reason you're interested in a copy of the cookbook I can send you a link to a pdf - just email me.

 If you like creative family photography, I'd love to chat with you about doing something really fun with your family! Give me a call or you can email and I'll get back with you as soon as I can. You can see some other examples of creative family photography here.

Or, if you like the photography you see, you may also be interested in signing up for my newsletter! I send it out something like quarterly, and I use it to announce things like Valentine's day mini-sessions (coming up soon...).


Subscribe to my mailing list
* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment