Monday, August 27, 2012

Family portraits and fun at the park!

I was so happy and honored to get to take some pictures of this amazing family as they are in the process of moving to China.  I have loved getting to know them over the past few years, since their daughter was really small.  They are a ton of fun!

The evening we had a session scheduled, there was a huge storm.  I was really worried, because I don't think there was any time left in their schedule for pictures if we couldn't do it then.  But the storm mostly blew over and it all turned out great!
family photography Albuquerque

I tend to be at Mariposa Park a lot for soccer practices.  Sometimes I schedule sessions while I'm going to be there anyway - it sounds a little crazy, but it's actually a really nice place for pictures.  Even though it tends to be busy - in fact this night I think there were a ton of soccer, football, and baseball players running around everywhere - it's a big enough park that there are always some nice places to use.  I love the pond (from a distance - don't fall in!).
family photography Albuquerque

I love kids who think my jokes are funny! :)
family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque

They brought some of their favorite friends to come for pictures with them too.  I love the red shoes!
family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque

As a mother of a very dramatic daughter, I love some good drama in my pictures. :)
family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque

What could be more fun than rolling down a grassy hill?  I used to love that.
family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque

family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque


family photography Albuquerque

I told their sweet girl that my computer could shrink her down to be as small as a flower princess. 
family photography Albuquerque

"Do you have wings?"  Yes.
family photography Albuquerque

I hope she likes these.
family photography Albuquerque

If you're interested in more information about a family photography session, my website has lots of info about how I do sessions. Or you can call or email me if you have questions or would just like to chat about photo sessions.

I love doing sessions at parks like this one, but for lots of other session locations, see this blog page here.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome shots - as always! Ella LOVES her fairy shots. I think we may have started something...
    :) Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great family portraits! I especially love the "fairy princess" photos with the wing line drawings. They're just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice collection of fun family pictures. I love the first one of the little blonde boy. He reminds me of my nephew. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete