Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Baby's First Year - part 2

The second session in my "Baby Expressions" first year portrait package is best done when your baby is about three months old.  However, I have learned a few things in the last couple of years, and I no longer like to schedule this session solely based on his or her age.

Professional portrait of a happy three month old baby

I think it's more important to capture the development stage of Tummy Time!  So I usually ask my clients to wait until their baby can comfortably hold his or her head up on their tummy. 

Professional portrait of a happy three month old baby


If we do this session too early, it can look like a repeat of the newborn session, and I like to make sure there's a clear difference between what we capture at each session.

Professional portrait of a happy three month old baby

One other amazing change that happens at the second session is that Baby is ready to smile for us!  Sometimes it can be tricky to coax smiles from a three month old (or thereabouts), but we keep trying until we get them.

Professional portrait of a happy three month old baby on her tummy

I know that some babies really hate being on their tummies. (I raised three of them.) Even if they normally hate it, generally when we do this session we can get a few smiles before they decide they're done. They're so cute that it's totally worth it!

Professional portrait of a happy three month old baby

I totally enjoy getting to spend a few minutes with your little one. These sessions go much faster than newborn sessions (thankfully, whew!). It's so fun to see how much they have grown!

Professional portrait of a happy three month old baby on his tummy

Next post:  "sitting up" (around 6 months) session

I have a lot more information about baby photography posted here - check it out! 

If you are interested in a baby session, or in a year's photographic journey with me, I have all the information in an online magazine for you to check out. Just fill in your email information and you will receive a link right away!


Send me your email address to receive more information
(required)

No comments:

Post a Comment