Sunday, September 13, 2009

Let's talk fall!

It's time for fall portraits! For most photographers this is the busiest time of the year. Now - get your small violins out :) - last fall my work/life balance was seriously awry. My husband even asked me at one point if I planned to join the family for Christmas... This year I need to be a mom first and photographer second.



So I've been giving this a lot of thought. At first I thought I would just limit my sessions to something realistic (I did probably twice as many last fall as I should have). If I do that then I'm already fully booked through the 3rd week of October. I'm not loving the sound of that. I'd like to still do more families, babies, seniors & children's portraits, and I want to keep providing the same value to my clients. So here's what I've come up with:

* My sessions will have to be shorter. Probably 40 proofs or less. (I usually have twice that for a family session.)



* Less Photoshop up-front. I try not to do a lot of photoshopping just in general, but I never post something in a gallery that I don't feel is "finished". This fall my plan is to do a few fully-photoshopped images, maybe one for each pose, so you can see what the finished product will look like. The rest of the images will be as-shot. Then you can tell me which images are your favorites, and I'll get them the way I like them. This will be a big departure for me - it will be hard to do - so I'll appreciate your support :) :). But I don't want to be spending time on images that aren't your favorites - I think this will help me a lot.

Question - What if you want to buy a CD?
Answer - I'll never give you an image that I don't think is ready to print. Just tell me which of them you want, even if it's all of them, and they'll all be done.

* I will do some mini-sessions on Saturdays in great locations, and do short sessions for as many families as I can fit into my day. (And around soccer schedules...) These will be 30-minute sessions.

IMPORTANT NOTE - I am requesting that your session fee be paid within 5 days of reserving your slot for these mini-sessions. My session fees are a low $60, and I apply $40 of that to your print order as long as you order within 30 days.

Saturday at the Bosque - November 7th
This will be at the end of the good fall color in the bosque (I think this week and Halloween will be the 2 good weekends.) I did a bunch of these sessions last fall & loved them! Let's do it again! I have a couple of new locations to work with so it won't be quite the same.

Sessions will start at 10:00 - call or email me to get on my schedule!





Saturday in Old Town - November 14th
Old Town is a really flexible and beautiful place for portraits. It's great any time of day and even when it's a busy Saturday I can find back alleys and corners with great color and vibrancy.

Sessions will start at 10:00 - call or email to get on my schedule!





I'm thinking of doing some Halloween day sessions - I have a couple of outdoor locations I've been wanting to use for a long time. Let me know if you're interested - I only have time for 2 or 3 afternoon sessions.

Please know that just because I'm trying to save myself time, I don't intend to compromise on quality. You will get the same beautiful colors, clear skin, and professional quality that I always deliver. And I stand by my guarantee - you will love your pictures! If you have any concerns, I will fix them, do a re-shoot, or give your money back.

I'm going to do a fall giveaway too but I think this is enough of a post for one day... so check again tomorrow for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment