Friday, July 16, 2010

Family portraits at the zoo - {Albuquerque family photography}

Another long-overdue preview for this very nice family. (I was on vacation for a really fun week in Seattle, someday I may get around to posting pictures... but I've fallen very behind!) We went to the zoo for the evening music show. Well, we didn't really hear any music at all, but the light was gorgeous and the animals were awake and interesting.

They have the most gorgeous children - even though the evening timing was difficult at times for little ones, I thought they did a great job. And I love this sort of photography - it's definitely not very posed :) - very "lifestyle photography" and lots of action. (It helps that I still have small kids so I have the knack of it.)

We spent some time on grandparents pictures - so funny because there was always one child not interested in being in the picture... until it wasn't their turn any more.
Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

The big chair in "Africa" at the zoo is always so hard to work with - right in blazing bright sun. But if you go in the evening it works really well! Plus not so many other kids waiting to get up!
Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

These are excellent grandparents. Here's some expert "ring around the rosies".
Albuquerque best family photography

Can you see the hippos? (Answer: not really.)
Albuquerque best family photography

Oh I so want one of these walls at my house. Maybe my husband will want one side of the shed like this.
Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

The hyenas - not my favorite zoo animals. They were up & running around, and were not afraid to get up close & personal.
Albuquerque best family photography

But when I got home & saw this picture, I thought he looked kind of nice. Not pet-nice, but not freaky either.
Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

No one got hurt climbing on the lion statue. (If you've taken a bunch of kids to our zoo, you know that usually someone gets hurt climbing on the lion statue.)
Albuquerque best family photography

And here's that large group picture that we went for... we probably should have done it first, for the kids' sake, but it ended up working!
Albuquerque best family photography

Albuquerque best family photography

And a couple of family portraits to finish up the night. I left so amazed that their kids could last that long and that late! It was great to spend some time with you all - thanks so much! The rest of the gallery is on the way.
Albuquerque best family photography

(see the giraffe? that's what's fun about portraits at the zoo)
Albuquerque best family photography

1 comment:

  1. Pam, amazing! I think they'll love them. I know I do. :)

    I agree about the hyena--neat picture.

    ReplyDelete