Friday, March 29, 2013

Baby's First Year - part 3

The third session in my "baby's first year" portrait plan is so much fun!

Professional photo of a nine month old baby with a fun studio set

I used to do this session right when your baby was six months old,

Professional photo of a nine month old baby outside on a quilt in Albuquerque

but after some time and experience, I have found that I much prefer to do it as soon as your baby can sit up comfortably.

Professional photo of a nine month old baby crawling with toy dinosaurs

If we wait too long, then your baby can crawl away.  Although this is certainly fun, it can be a little simpler if we try to do this session before that time.

Professional photo of a nine month old baby standing with help

Often your baby can stand, with a little assistance, and that's also fun to showcase.

Professional photo of a nine month old baby sitting in the grass outside in Albuquerque

This session is also perfect to do outside (weather permitting). My babies didn't always love bare feet in the grass, but if yours doesn't mind, there's nothing cuter!

Professional photo of a nine month old baby sitting on a dock with a lake in Albuquerque

Most babies can sit up at about 6 months old, and they tend to start to crawl at about 9 months. That gives us a nice window of time to schedule within.

Professional photo of a baby playing in a park in Albuquerque

I do many of these sessions out and about on location,

Professional photo of a laughing baby out on location in Albuquerque

but I also love studio portraits. Especially when it's cold and windy out (I'm writing this in March, when you can never predict the weather...)

Professional photo of a darling baby boy in studio in Albuquerque

One of the best things about the "sitting up" session is all the smiles!

Professional photo of a baby sitting on a furry rug in Albuquerque

Sometimes we really have to coax the smiles at the second session, but I never have any trouble at this one.

Professional photo of a nine month old baby in studio in Albuquerque

I have a lot more information about baby photography posted here - check it out!

If you are interested in a baby session, or in a year's photographic journey with me, I have all the information in an online magazine for you to check out. Just fill in your email information and you will receive a link right away!


Send me your email address to receive more information
(required)

No comments:

Post a Comment