Saturday, January 10, 2015

My favorite school photography ever (no green background!)

As I look back over my work this last fall, one of my favorite moments was taking these pictures with my daughter's school class. Her teacher had the great idea of doing shadow portraits. I blew two of these up to 10x20" size, matted them, and she sold them at the school's silent auction at their annual Art Night.

For these shots I was teetering on top of the highest a-frame ladder I've ever seen. I had to be as high as possible, and used my widest lens, to get all of them in the picture at the same time. It worked! We tried a few things and these were my favorites:

"hands up",
Creative professional photo of children's shadows Albuquerque

"stand on one foot",
Creative professional photo of children's shadows Albuquerque

"make a heart with your hands",
Creative professional photo of children's shadows Albuquerque

and "everybody jump". This was the trickiest - it's hard to just get a family of six to all jump at the same time, let alone a class of school-age kids. (To me that is what makes it especially darling.)
Creative professional photo of children's shadows Albuquerque

The kids were absolutely delightful - happy and playful and cooperative (which really helps when I have to kind of shout directions from the top of a ladder).

I didn't see the prints' final sale amount, but I hope it was a lot! We love love love our kids' school.

If you like creative children's photography, I'd love to chat with you about a session for your children! Give me a call or you can email and I'll get back with you as soon as I can. You can see some other examples of creative children's photography here.

 If you like the photography you see, you may also be interested in signing up for my newsletter! I send it out something like quarterly, and I use it to announce things like Valentine's day mini-sessions (coming up soon...).


Subscribe to my mailing list
* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment