Friday, October 8, 2010

Senior portrait preview - mesa top at sunset

This is such a crazy time of year. I have been working like mad but not posting much - I especially have to apologize to this senior. I really like to post senior previews ASAP and it's been longer than I like for sure. But...... I love his pictures! Sometimes it just feels like everything really comes together, and this was one of those days.

Okay, here's some background. I can't believe this amazing senior is really a senior, because he's also my neighbor and we've known him for enough years that it doesn't seem possible. He's been a really great neighbor to have, and has even watched our dog while we were gone, including the trip that I think our dog spent 100% of the time escaping from our - fully fenced - yard. I don't know how he found her in the end, but she was back in the yard when we got home. And thanks for that.

ANYWAY. He's the student body vice president at Volcano Vista, wow, and active in theater too. I hope we can set up a time to go do some pictures on the new stage at the high school! How cool would that be? And a really nice, personable, friendly guy. It was great getting to spend some time with him & his mom (who I love).

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Sometimes when people want to do studio-style portraits in warm weather, I do them outside in the back yard, because it gives me a little more room & the light is nice there too. At some point I realized, why are we doing pictures in MY back yard, when theirs is so nice? They have put a ton of work into their really beautiful yard. So across the street we went.
Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Then we waited for that gorgeous sunset lighting and went up to the mesa. Oh boy. I came home & told my husband that I should ONLY shoot in sunset light. Why mess with anything else???
Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

Albuquerque best senior portraits

1 comment: