Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some senior portraits from last year - {Albuquerque senior photography}

I did some senior portraits last fall that never made it to my blog... come to think of it, I did a lot of photography last fall that never made it to my blog!  Seniors especially I like to blog, because for one thing, senior sessions are some of my very favorites.  For another thing, some of the coolest locations get turned up for senior portraits.  If I blog them, then I'll remember some of these places and won't forget to go back!

This gorgeous senior came here from Gallup!  How flattering is that???  (Honesty constrains me to admit that she was also coming for the weekend to take the SAT.  But still!)  She wanted some studio portraits and then we went downtown for some great urban style.

If you know me at all, you know we love soccer in my family.  And I love it any time a senior has sports equipment to bring, or we can actually go do something athletic.  (Okay, I can't count standing around with a camera around my neck as "doing something athletic", can I?)
Albuquerque senior photographer

Great juggling - no lamps broken or flashes knocked down! :)  (It's the only time I'm happy to have "high balls" in the house.  Usually it's my son kicking it too hard... at the window...)
Albuquerque senior photographer

She had some great outfit choices.  I love to have something more formal too - what a beautiful dress!
Albuquerque senior photographer

Albuquerque senior photographer

One of my favorite fun urban locations - easy & not dangerous.  (A great combination, right?)
Albuquerque senior photographer

Albuquerque senior photographer

And I always love jumping pictures.  Gorgeous.  Thanks so much to this high achieving senior and her mom - I loved getting to meet you!
Albuquerque senior photographer
Next senior!  Some of the teenagers I know I would just love my son to grow up to be like.  This senior is one of them.  I don't anticipate my son being a football player, unless he radically changes his build in the next few years, but I do really hope he grows up with some of this senior's other amazing qualities.  Such a great guy.  (I can say this without just guessing because I am friends with his mom.)
Albuquerque senior photographer

Albuquerque senior photographer

Albuquerque senior photographer


Albuquerque senior photographer

I realllllllly wanted to make it to a football game.  It's really hard to get a press pass at Milne Stadium.  Football season is, naturally, my craziest time of year personally and professionally.  So the opportunity presented itself for me to get an actual press pass at the last game of the year.  So cold, I think that's the day it was snowing and blowing like crazy, and I had only like an hour between another appointment and one of my own kids' games, but I still thought there was barely enough time to make it.  I ended up only being able to be there for the first 15-20 minutes of the game, which was hugely disappointing to me, but I got a few things I was happy with.  And I did really love the press pass!
Albuquerque senior photographer

First he makes the tackle.
Albuquerque senior photographer

Then he helps the tackled guy back up.  That's why I want my son to grow up like him.
Albuquerque senior photographer

Albuquerque senior photographer

Marathon post! I was thinking of breaking this post up. But let's be realistic, I'm not really getting around to blogging like I want to. So here's another senior session.  This session - so much fun!  I loved it.  And this was kind of a marathon session to go with the marathon post, appropriate I guess.  We went to the botanic gardens, and something about the botanic gardens just makes sessions long.  I guess there are just too many great places for photography!
Albuquerque senior photographer

Albuquerque senior photographer

Albuquerque senior photographer

I always WANT to do photography in the farm house, but it's so dark in there.  Somehow it really worked this time - I think the sun was coming in the door and I had the big reflector or something.  How fun is this???
Albuquerque senior photographer

It wasn't quite fall yet but the colors were amazing.
Albuquerque senior photographer

I loved getting to know this amazing, fun, creative, energetic senior!  I ended up with twice as many proofs as I usually do because she was a.m.a.z.i.n.g with expression!  Great happy smiles, great serious faces, everything in between. Thanks so much!
Albuquerque senior photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment