Monday, April 30, 2012

Good Stuff for Kids (with busy moms!)

I have been thinking! My blog has been a little frustrating for me - first of all I don't make much time for it, and second of all, it's seeming really one-dimensional to me. I love using it to show clients previews, and it's great for giving people location options. But I really think I could/should be doing more.

In that interest, I thought through my hobbies. I am one of those people who has a million hobbies - my husband too, we like to try lots of different things. But what is most important to me? MY KIDS! :) I have 3 kids - two in elementary school and one in preschool (but not for long!) and we have found some really great things in our pursuit of fun, projects, learning, and life. This seems like a great forum to share some of those things.

Since I have two girly-girls, we are fans of hair blogs.  Neither of my daughters has  lot of patience with having their hair done.  And both of them have kind of tricky hair - super fine and slippery.  Anyway we have looked through lots of hair blogs and my favorite is http://www.girlydohairstyles.com/ - she has a facebook page also where you can search through hairstyles. 
Albuquerque children photography

I like her blog best because her daughter has short hair (some of the time) and her styles work for my girls better than the other ones I've read.  She does great messy buns (which is not my strength, but we just don't have enough hair in my family to do any other sort).  My little daughter has super thin wispy hair still, but I have hope because her sister eventually grew nice thick hair.  Eventually.
 Albuquerque children photography

My little daughter was so thrilled with this hairdo that she actually kept it in the whole day.  Shocking!
Albuquerque children photography

My older daughter is growing out her bangs.  Awkward!  We need ideas for keeping them out of her eyes and there is some cute stuff to work with.  She doesn't have much patience for fussy styles, and her hair slides out of them a lot anyway, so we go for pretty simple.
Albuquerque children photography

The next picture is my older daughter a couple of years ago at my brother's wedding.  She consented to let me work on her hair for awhile on this one. :)  In fact she picked this one for the occasion I think.  (Okay, ack, she is growing up so fast!)
Albuquerque children photography

I know some of you will already know everything I might have to share, but that's perfect, because I want to hear from you! What are some of your best successes or best finds for your kids? 

No comments:

Post a Comment